About Jackie Battle
PRO: The Titans added Jackie Battle to the roster on the first day of 2013 training camp to provide competition at the running back position, and on special teams coverage units. After appearing as a reserve in all 16 games in 2013, the Titans re-signed the veteran prior to the start of free agency during the 2014 offseason. Battle previously played with the Kansas City Chiefs (2007–2011) and San Diego Chargers (2012), totaling 64 games and nine starts before arriving in Tennessee. The Houston product was originally signed by the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent.
• In his first season with the Titans in 2013, Battle saw action in all 16 games and rushed 36 times for 142 yards with a touchdown. He also registered 10 special teams tackles on coverage units.
• In 2012, Battle’s only season in San Diego, he appeared in all 16 games with a career-best five starts and rushed for 311 yards on 95 carries with three touchdowns. He also caught a career-high 15 receptions for 108 yards with a score.
• In 2011, Battle set career-highs with 149 rushing attempts and 597 rushing yards for the Chiefs.
• The Houston, Texas, native was originally signed by the Dallas Cowboys as a rookie free agent on May 14, 2007.
• Released by the Cowboys on Aug. 28, 2007.
• Signed by the Kansas City Chiefs to their practice squad on Nov. 21, 2007 and elevated to the Chiefs’ active roster on Dec. 12, 2007.
• Released by the Chiefs on Sept. 9, 2008 and signed to the team’s practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Chiefs to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 1, 2008.
• Released by the Chiefs on Nov. 10, 2008 and signed to the team’s practice squad two days later.
• Signed by the Chiefs to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 19, 2008.
• Re-signed by the Chiefs as an unrestricted free agent on March 5, 2010.
• Re-signed by the Chiefs as an unrestricted free agent on July 29, 2011.
• Signed by the San Diego Chargers as an unrestricted free agent on July 20, 2012.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on July 24, 2013.
• Played in 41 games with 12 starts at the University of Houston. Posted 441 carries for 2,120 yards (4.8 avg.) with a school-record 31 rushing touchdowns and six receptions for 45 yards.
• As a senior (2006), played in 13 games with seven starts) and compiled 184 carries for 943 yards with 15 touchdowns and two catches for 13 yards. His 15 rushing touchdowns were the highest single-season total in school history.
• As a junior (2005), saw action in 12 games with three starts, totaling 106 carries for 408 yards with five touchdowns.
• As a sophomore (2004), appeared in five games with one start and carried the ball 49 times for 209 yards with two touchdowns.
• As a redshirt freshman (2003), played in 11 games and rushed 102 times for 560 yards with a team-leading nine touchdowns and caught three passes for 27 yards.
• Redshirted as a true freshman in 2002.
• Majored in Sports Administration at Houston.
• Married to Christine and the couple splits time between Nashville and Houston, Texas.
• Attended Humble (Texas) High School and tallied 1,524 rushing yards and 20 total touchdowns.
• While at Humble he was twice selected first team All-District and was ranked by Rivals.com as the 38th best high school running back in America.
• Born Ewart Haron Battle III on Oct. 1, 1983 in Humble, Texas.